Answers appear after the questions... NO CHEATING!!!
1. The maker doesn't want it; the buyer doesn't use it; and the
user doesn't see it. What is it?
2. A child is born in Boston, Massachusetts to parents who were
both born in Boston, Massachusetts. The child is not a United
States citizen. How is this possible?
3. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest
mountain on Earth?
4. Clara Clatter was born on December 27th, yet her birthday is
always in the summer. How is this possible?
5. Captain Frank and some of the boys were exchanging old war
stories. Art Bragg offered one about how his grandfather led a
battalion against a German division during World War I. Through
brilliant maneuvers, he defeated them and captured valuable
territory. After the battle he was presented with a sword
bearing the inscription "To Captain Bragg for Bravery, Daring
and Leadership. World War I. From the Men of Battalion 8."
Captain Frank looked at Art and said, "You really don't expect
anyone to believe that yarn, do you?" What's wrong with the
6. What is one thing that all wise men, regardless of their
religion or politics, agree is between heaven and earth?
7. In what year did Christmas and New Year's fall in the same
8. A woman from New York married ten different men from that
city, yet she did not break any laws. None of these men died,
and she never divorced. How was this possible?
9. Why are 1990 American dollar bills worth more than 1989
American dollar bills?
10. How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?
11. How could you rearrange the letters in the words "new door"
to make one word? Note: There is only one correct answer.
12. Even if they are starving, natives living in the Arctic will
never eat a penguin's egg. Why not?
13. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or
"The yolk of the egg is white"?
14. In Okmulgee, Oklahoma, you cannot take a picture of a man
with a wooden leg. Why not?
15. There were an electrician and a plumber waiting in line for
admission to the International Home Show," One of them was the
father of the other's son. How could this be possible?
16. After the new Canon Law that took effect on November 27,
1983, would a Roman Catholic man be allowed to marry his widow's
17. How many outs are there in an inning?
18. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the Ark?
19. A clerk in the butcher shop is 5' 10" tall. What does he
20. A farmer has 17 sheep and all but 9 die. How many are left?
1. A coffin.
2. The child was born before 1776.
3. Mount Everest (it just hadn't been discovered).
4. Clara lives in the southern hemisphere.
5. World War I wasn't called "World War I" until World War II.
6. The word "and".
7. They fall in the same year every year. New Year's Day
justarrives very early in the year and Christmas arrives very
late in the same year.
8. The lady was a Justice of the Peace.
9. One thousand nine hundred and ninety dollar bills are worth
one dollar more than one thousand nine hundred and eighty-nine
10. Only once, and then you are subtracting it from 20.
11. "one word"
12. Penguins live in the Antarctic.
13. Neither. The yolk of the egg is yellow.
14. You have to take a picture of a man with a camera, not with
a wooden leg.
15. They were husband and wife.
16. No. A dead man can marry no one.
17. Six . Three in each half of the inning.
18. Moses took no animals. It was Noah on the Ark.